VOLUNTEER CLEANUP DAY SATURDAY MAY 15th , 2021
On Saturday May 15th from 9-3 (or until finished) we will be having our annual camp cleanup day. Work to be done includes building cleaning, raking leaves, building repair and maintenance, grass cutting, weed whacking, etc. Any amount of help from 1-7 hours will be greatly appreciated. Lunch and drinks will be provided. Hope to see you all there!
How can you get involved?
- Volunteer for camp clean up days (in a group or on your own)
- Vehicle Maintenance and repair-Shady Oaks has a small bus and a pickup truck which we use throughout the year. Both vehicles, especially the truck, are in need of repair and routine maintenance.
- Marketing assistance– SOC has very little money to market its program. We need assistance recruiting campers, parents, volunteers and corporate sponsors through creating brochures, increasing our online presence and other marketing strategies. We would also like to increase our rental capabilities during the off season. Having someone who can create and implement a marketing plan would be great.
- Website design-SOC has an existing website but would like to develop a new modern one which is easily run by its executive director.
- Grant writing- Because we are a very small not for profit we do not have an experienced grant writer on staff. We would love to have who can assist with grant writing.
- Facility Repairs-SOC is always looking for carpenters, plumbers, electricians, and other trades workers to assist with repair and maintenance at our facility.
*Shady Oaks is always in need of volunteers to help with repairs and maintenance of camp. We also are always looking for various school, scout, and church groups to come out in the fall and spring to help with camp closing/opening and general cleanup. Shady Oaks also accepts those individuals in need of court appointed community service. Please contact us for more information on our volunteer opportunities.